Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We have some exciting opportunities for Dev Ops Engineers who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. We need junior, mid-level, senior, lead and consultant engineers, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Due to the secure nature of the programme, you will need to hold the highest level of UK Security Clearance, or be eligible to go through this clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure development outputs are suitably integrated into release modules
• Take the lead in progressing these through the relevant stages into live service.
• The support of the release-to-service process including security and accreditation processes.
• Providing Technical advice and expertise on designs, solutions, tools, techniques and standards
• Hands on development of real world solutions
• Troubleshooting, investigations and incident resolution.
• You will have the opportunity to get involved in Big Data technologies including Apache Spark and Accumulo.
• Working closely with third parties and the client supporting and enhancing the Platform service offering
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Linux / Unix Administration
• Automation / Configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
• Deployment tools, including Docker, Kubernetes
• Security test automation (e.g, GauntIt, Checkmarx)
• Knowledge and experience of working with systems in the AS Domain
• A wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services ( AWS is required )
• SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
• Understanding of scripting (Java, Python, R, Hadoop, Perl and/or Ruby)
• Defence system acquisition experience
• Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
• Experience of working in a Service Delivery Environment
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations. The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.