CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Member of our CGI-Victoria team providing leading information technology services to our clients. We seek a Senior Network Administrator with at least 5 years' experience in large enterprise environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Network Administration - support, maintenance, redesign and implementation
- Documentation of procedures, building network implementation plans and network diagrams
- Evaluating and estimating new telecom implementations (LAN, WAN, Security, etc.) to determine scope and effort required
- Providing rotational 7x24 on-call support
- Building reports, such as: Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others
- Staying ahead of emerging and developing technologies, with a focus on Network strategies
- Collaborating with various stakeholders (i.e.: Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc.) regarding projects, implementation and operational issues
- Mentoring less experienced team members
- Adhering to incident management and change management procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- College or University Degree in a computer related field or related work experience
- 5+ years' experience in a similar position in a large network environment
- Experience in network operations and implementation and a solid grasp of LAN, WAN and firewall management methodologies
- Complete understanding of switching and routing protocols including STP, VTP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Detailed knowledge of VPN protocols (IPSEC, SSL, etc…)
EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Cisco Switches (IOS and Nexxus) and Routers, IPT
- Load Balancers (Netscaler, F5)
- Cisco Firewalls (ASA 55XX) using Command Line Interface (CLI) and Cisco Security Manager (CSM)
- F5 Local traffic managers & Global traffic managers
- Check Point Firewalls/VPN appliances
- Sound knowledge of DNS and VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, etc.)
- Willing to work shifts, occasional after-hours and weekends, as the need arises
- Motivated, organized, able to work efficiently on individual tasks as well as Team Projects
- Good oral and written communication skills, with a positive demeanour and outstanding customer service approach
- Certifications Cisco : CCNA, CCNP or equivalent
- Certifications Check Point : CCSA, CCSE
- Proficient in ITIL framework with preferred ITIL training and/or certification
- UNIX/Linux scripting and administration as well as Cisco CCIE (an asset)
- Check Point Cert Security Expt
- Network Administration
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.