Reporting to the Director of Consulting Services, working collaboratively with a global delivery team, you will provide technical coaching and direction to a team of geographically dispersed software developers responsible for managing a large portfolio of custom developed applications including some that are mission critical to the success of the client.
You will help to manage the work priorities and performance of all team members creating a cohesive team environment. This will include oversight of all stages of the SDLC which will allow you to continue to enhance your development expertise and grow team lead skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior developer or team lead wanting to progress their career. It will challenge the successful candidate to develop and enhance their technical skills and to further develop their analysis, leadership and interpersonal skills. This position will allow the successful candidate to gain experience with nearshore and offshore delivery models, as well as expanding experience in systems development and quality assurance.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Ability to collaborate with Clients to better understand and refine provided requirements
• Ability to collaborate with Clients to generate a set of business requirements.
• Ability to work with and mentor remote delivery teams, to ensure successfully delivery of requirements to clients.
• Ability to provide Architectural Guidance and Recommendations for software solutions.
• Ability to review requirements and build High Level Design Documentation along with Functional Specifications.
• Ability to balance a workload which may involve new activities and changing priorities.
• Ability to perform code reviews and mentor team members.
• Ability to confidently identify and communicate recommendations to clients and remote delivery teams in response to their needs and problems.
• Ability to work within and contribute to a globally dispersed team environment.
• Take ownership of a piece of work and see it through to successful completion even after delegation of the tasks.
• Develop a trusting relationship with the client and act as a single point of contact for assigned tasks.
• Good problem solving skills. Comfortable investigating data, documents, and code in order to derive solutions.
• Ability to manage expectations of the client in terms of scope, schedule, budget, quality, and responsibilities of the client.
• Ability to participate and add value to all aspects of process lifecycle, including: scoping and estimation, requirements and analysis, development and testing, implementation.
Nice to have:
• Ability to recognize opportunities to improve operational aspects of an application or environment, including security, scheduling, load balancing, and resource optimization.
• Ability to articulate and promote CGI’s services to client.
• Good understanding of ETL and Data Warehousing concepts.
• Ability to take ownership of a process and improve it.
• Ability to effectively write technical, informational or process documentation.
MANDATORY SKILLS obtained outside educational institutions:
• Senior Development Experience with a multitude of development languages and platforms.
• Strong SQL skills
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE with any of the following:
• Agile Methodologies and Delivery
• .NET / .NET Core
• Informatica, IICS
• Azure, Azure Data Factory
• Mobile Development
• Angular, ReactJS, Vu
• Python, R
• Data Analytics
• Solution Architecture
• Power Apps / Power Suite experience.
- Full Stack Development
- Application Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.