Accelerate your learning through exposure to a global multi-tenanted SOC environment, and expand your knowledge of Cybersecurity through applied, hands-on experience. You will have exposure to a range of Cybersecurity technologies, security events and responses, and be presented with opportunities for training and relevant certifications to support your career development.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor and respond to Tier 2 security events utilising run books, investigating incidents, and responding accordingly
• Provide guidance and leadership to educate, expand and enhance the threat hunting capabilities of the SOC team
• Investigate and reduce false positives across a range of scenarios
• Track and implement monitoring and response to Indicators of Compromise
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise to create and update run books
• Assist in the further development of multiple SIEMs and the evolution of orchestration and automation
• Contribute to and suggest improvements to report creation and delivery
• Standard business hours, with occasional support to the SOC team roster
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2+ years’ experience working within Cybersecurity and security operations
• A demonstrable passion for Cybersecurity – a love of learning, and keeping up to date with the latest advancements in this sector
• Strong technical skills, with self-motivation to quickly learn new tools and products, such as Splunk
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships
• Ability to succeed and support others in a high pressure but rewarding environment
• An understanding of one or more IT domains, e.g. Windows, Networking, Application Development
• Excellent communications skills (Verbal and written)
• Demonstrated analytical thinking for problem-solving
• Certifications in Cybersecurity - Cert IV, Masters, CompTIA, etc.
• Security clearance may be required, therefore Permanent Residency or Citizenship status an advantage
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Editing, updating or deleting data
You can always review your data saved in the database. You can always edit or update your data. If you have not edited your data, logged into your profile, or been actively recruited by CGI for five (5) years, your data will disappear from the database.