Ready to join an outstanding culture that embraces equity, diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Join a team that supports the local community with the ability to draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is growing rapidly in Vancouver, BC Canada, and we need your expertise, passion and dedication!
The Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Architect will lead all aspects of the AEM lifecycle including estimating, architecture and technical design, development, testing and delivery of all our supported AEM Web sites and applications. As the architect working in a team environment, you'll work with solution architects to develop infrastructure design and architecture of AEM deployments and implementations including server specifications, CI/CD pipeline integrations and overall deployment of AEM. Standard methodologies and design methods are used to ensure the success of all AEM web projects and initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Operate effectively as a senior mentor and member of the development team
- Assist clients in achieving strategic objectives through technology solution implementation, taking a technical leadership role in some circumstances
- Design efficient content models, security models, workflows and templates
- Operate effectively for quick turnaround of enhancements, fixes and solutions
- Participate in the interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design
- Use storyboarding, wireframes and predesigns to prepare detailed and accurate specifications and estimates
- Ensure site enhancements, support and defect resolution are managed on an ongoing basis
- Independently manage multiple tasks and client timeframes in a collaborative team environment
- Develop and maintain reference material and documentation, including user guide/help sites
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Implementation of Adobe AEM 6.0 or later versions
- Development of Adobe AEM/CQ websites and applications
- Design, implementation, testing and deployment of enterprise scale AEM web applications with experience using and configuring Author and Publish instances, Dispatchers and other Replication agents
- Sling, JCR Repository and Apache Felix OSGi Framework
- Continuous Integration and Automated test execution and building tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Selenium or Maven
- Design and development of service interfaces and system integration in AEM to / from external systems and web services
- Responsive Design and Single Page Application development using standard methodologies and modern frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap, React and Angular
- Experience with some or all of the following: HTML, CSS, LESS, Sass, Ruby, Ajax, UML, XML and Wireframes
- Adobe Marketing Cloud such as Target, Analytics, Campaigns and Audience Manager is desirable attribute
- SDLC, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Use and management of source codes using repositories such as BitBucket, SVN, GIT and Sourcetree
- Flexibility, adaptability and an ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments
- Superb communication skills
- Successful completion of a 2 year or longer Computer Science/Information Technology program achieving a Diploma or Degree
- Experience with other Web Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, Kentico, or Interwoven
- Adobe Certified Expert certification for CQ and AEM development, architecture and business practice
- Adobe Experience Manager AEM
- Continuous Integration
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.