Beskrivning av tjänsten:
CGI is in need of a Public Sector Project Managers to plan, control and execute a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value. The PM will lead small programs of moderate-to-high complexity and risk. Typical program size is 4-20 FTE OR they may potentially lead medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity and risk. Strong stakeholder management is required, involving coaching and partnering with business stakeholders to validate the programs strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefit.
As a project manager, you will work with project teams and drive project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms; lead strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of developers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
Dina framtida arbetsuppgifter:
You will help our clients by identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process. Your ability to create innovative solutions will contribute to the success of our projects and the satisfaction of our clients.
• Provide primary, day-to-day point of contact for the client and team members
• Establishe professional presence in all environments
• Seek feedback and desire growth by driving one’s own personal development including setting and achieving development goals
• Envision solutions based on the requirements of the project and can speak credibly and accurately to the technologies and overall architecture that can meet those requirements
• Define and manage project scope
• Manage the client’s expectations around scope to be delivered including being able to successfully negotiate scoping tradeoffs with client in a manner that fosters trust and builds the partnership with the client
• Coordinate with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
• Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
• Submit project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
• Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
• Establish effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
• Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
• Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
• Identify and developing new opportunities with clients.
• Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables.
• Manage customer satisfaction within project transition period.
• Manage project on schedule and on budget.
• Conduct post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Take initiative to coach, mentor, and orient co-workers and actively support team-based developments.
• Assesses skills and capabilities and participates in the evaluation process for functional team members.
Kvalifikationer för att bli framgångsrik i denna roll:
• Strong Delivery PM with proven ability to develop/manage resources (some virtual), risks, deliverables, presentations, quality, etc.
• Successful track record managing initiatives of various sizes and value
• Ability to develop/conduct status meetings/presentations w/project stakeholders and management
• Excellent communication and written skills, ability to dynamically manage change
• Ability to travel and work from client sites as necessary
• Understands budgeting and the importance of financial management of the project
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and good work ethic is essential to success
• Familiarization with both waterfall and Agile
• Strong stakeholder management skills - including experience coaching stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial attitude with desire to foster and grow the Public Sector in addition to fulfilling project responsibilities
• Growth minded and focused on personal improvement in addition to delivering successful projects
• Minimum of 2 years serving as a project manager or team lead on technology-oriented projects
• Minimum of 3 years of Consulting Experience Required
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience required
• US Citizen or GC Holder
• Prior Public Sector knowledge preferred but not required
• PMP certification
- Project Management
- PMI Project Management Prof
Vad du kan förvänta dig av oss:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.