Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions and support in Middleware Development and Management? CGI is looking for skilled individuals for our Middleware Team. The candidate should have a solid understanding of Middleware components coupled with Linux/Unix experience and will join a small, dynamic team to develop and support Middleware for our many client environments. The candidate will need to keep up with current technology in this fast-paced environment including cloud and containers.
The person who gets this position will have countless opportunities to work with multiple clients and contribute to meet their objectives. CGI offers excellent training opportunities and career development. There is also possibility for occasional teleworking.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In the support role, you will be responsible for maintaining Middleware services and troubleshooting issues. You will be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation. Additionally, you will be engaged to perform design and development for new opportunities that come to the team. Activities may include:
- Performing regular product maintenance and monitoring performance;
- Engaging in tests related to the middleware component of applications and environments;
- Applying security correctives as needed;
- Maintaining and developing scripts using UNIX shells and Windows PowerShell;
- Using software tools and material to diagnose and solve issues/outages;
- Resolving problems in compliance with the established procedures;
- Using standard tools and procedures to carry out the established service deliveries and maintenance tasks;
- Coordinating the delivery of middleware services in cooperation with other level-two service groups (security, telecommunications, Virtualization, DBA, Cloud), level-three technical specialists and external suppliers;
- Responding to clients’ requests based on contractual conditions;
- Following ITIL processes for managing incidents, questions and requests for changes;
- Ensuring the development and update of procedures and documentation;
- Working with Application Development Teams to install, configure and manage various Middleware tools;
- Preparing reports for clients based on their needs;
- Performing adhoc tasks as requested.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Desired Hard Skills
Knowledge and experience with some of the following tools:
• Apache HTTP Server
• Mule ESB
• Oracle Weblogic Server
• Red Hat JBoss
• SSL Certificate expertise
• database knowledge
• Scripting (Perl, Shell, etc.)
Desired Soft Skills
• Quick learner that understands DEVOPs processes and containers;
• Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement;
• Aptitude for application level support, migration and deployment activities
• Excellent Communication Skills;
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills;
• Bilingual: Fluency in English (mandatory) and French (Asset), spoken and written;
• You will be required to carry a mobile phone and provide 24/7 on-call support in rotation with other team members.
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology, or equivalent
• 3 – 5 yrs experience supporting IT tools
• ITIL certification an asset
- Apache Webserver
- Database Administration
- Oracle SQL Server
- Oracle WebCenter
- Script Language
- Shell Script
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.