This is a great opportunity to join our CGI team in Halifax providing leading IT services to our clients. We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager who has managed mid-sized application management and development projects in a complex environment. The successful candidate will have a strong delivery background in the Public Sector.
In the role of Project Manager, you would be responsible for the successful delivery of them to budget, timeframes and customer satisfaction, enabling new and extension business. You will ensure resourcing is achieved and performance reviews are completed for people assigned to your projects as well as managing client relationship.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans
• Managing the time and effort of the project team
• Ensuring proper change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied
• Reporting accurate project financial and profitability figures
• Holding regular status meeting with team and clients and providing regular status reporting
• Playing a lead role in the development of business requirements documentation
• Prepare and present senior client executives
Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Experience working with provincial or municipal governments
• Five years or more as a Project Manager
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed written, verbal and presentation skills
• Must be goal oriented, results driven and client focused
• Strategic and operational business planning
• Governance and organizational design
• Change management and communications
• Undergraduate degree such as Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent
• Project Management training and certification
• Certified Management Consulting (CMC)
• Change Management training and certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.