Responsible for the full administration of all complex server farms. Provide highest level of technical advice on Server Administration and management.
This position will be responsible for providing day to day Linux support for multiple customers by exercising proven Operating System and infrastructure experience in the enterprise space applying process; procedures; Standards; guidelines and best practices.
• Supporting BAU for various clients
• Maintain system availability as per multiple Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Produce monthly reporting activity and explain any abnormal system performance
• Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementation
• Perform system tuning activities where appropriate
• Ensure that all documentation for the systems (build books; network diagrams) is updated after changes.
• Make recommendations to improve health of the system where necessary.
• Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time.
• Coordinate activities for projects between other teams.
• Provide on-call support as scheduled.
• Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary.
• Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary.
• Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets
• Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products where needed
Primary Skill: Redhat Linux, Redhat cluster , satellite , patching
Secondary Skill: OVM , KVM, RHEV, docker container/ openshift
• 6-10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ON REDHAT LINUX; REDHAT CLUSTER; SATELLITE ADMINISTRATION/PATCHING
• Experience of managing large infrastructure environments.
• Experience on project and build work.
• Hands on expertise in multiple Linux Operating Systems and storage concept.
• Demonstrated experience (minimum 6 years of experience) in deploying; maintaining and supporting Linux Server infrastructures and storage systems in an enterprise environment.
• Demonstrated experience in ITIL best practices methodologies.
• Minimum 6 years of experience working in the capacity of system administrator
• Experience in Linux infrastructures
• Maintain High Availability Clustering
• Good Communications skills.
• Candidate must be willing to work in 24/7 shift mainly in NA shift
• On call schedule and week end change schedule participation
Certification Required: REDHAT Linux
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.