CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team in the national capital region and are looking for a Java developer.
As a JAVA Software Developer, you have a solid technical foundation, and a strong focus on growing your development skills; you are able to deliver small to medium-sized well-defined tasks, working individually or pairing with others and you have a small amount of experience in a well-defined area:
• You will be part of a team creating new services and applications using the latest technologies; You will develop and support highly scalable, high performance APIs within a development team
• Produce high code quality through automated unit and functional testing
• Automate processes within the deployment pipeline; identify opportunities for efficiency gains and reducing time-to-market, and enabling continuous delivery
• Design and develop code structures based on technical design defined by the team
• Work within a product team comprised of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products
• You will actively seek out knowledge about new technologies and how they can be used to solve current and foreseeable challenges
• Excellent communication including the ability to distill technical details into human terms
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 2+ years’ experience with Angular 2+, Java 8, REST API/Micro services, Spring Framework (MVC, Security, JPA, Boot) Maven, SQL
• Knowledge of developing distributed cloud applications (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Openshift, Docker); Hands on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger, RAML, SOAP)
• Knowledge of security gateways and protocols (JWT, Oauth2.0, SSL Certificates)
• Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing; Experience with code merging and branching approaches using Git and code release process
• Theoretical knowledge of web-based application architectures and frameworks (including Angular or React) and the way it integrates with services
• Object Oriented coding practices, including design patterns knowledge, refactoring, clean code.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Nice to have skills:
• Knowledge of Kafka, MySQL, Non-relational databases, Caching
• Knowledge of major architectures style (message oriented, reactive, event based)
• Micro-service design and implementation (load balancing, discovery, resiliency)
• Experience with open source solutions including Activiti and Drools - asset.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Eligibility to obtain Government of Canada Secret clearance.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.