The Senior Quality Assurance Testing Specialist is responsible for all testing activities with a focus on developing and implementing quality assurance policies, developing and conducting tests, identifying production, process, systems or product issues, and presenting solutions with the goal improving testing quality, and delivery of products to our GWMS users. The incumbent has to maintain the bank’s testing standards.
Required skills and work experience
The candidate must have extensive experience working in Canada, providing technical solutions for complex and new technology challenges.
The candidate must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, excellent communication and high stamina levels: expertise in leading teams technically and working with diverse teams and individuals while maintaining a positive and inspirational attitude (QA team members, other teams, users, clients, third party suppliers).
1. Implement the bank’s quality assurance policies and procedures
2. Document quality assurance activities and create audit reports where required
3. Make recommendations for improving the systems and apps testing
4. Create training manuals and operating manuals
5. Document test results and disseminate the information to responsible parties
6. Experienced working with a broad range of software applications, hardware and networks
8. Excellent understanding of business, and business requirements
9. Ability to think abstractly and see how small details fit into a bigger picture, deconstruct and construct again
10. Have a creative mindset and show ability to approach a problem creatively
11. Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
12. Team and inter-teams’ player
13. Excellent multitasking skills. Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and deliver high quality results
14. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of a given system or application
15. Patience, calm, focus and persistence in resolving an issue
16. Review and analyze system and application specifications
Specific Job Skills
1. Write test automation frameworks
2. Write manual test plans
3. Write test scripts as per system specifications and business requirements
4. Design/architect automation framework
5. Maintain and/or update architecture as required
6. Setup test automation tools
7. Write automation test scripts
8. Execute test scripts using bank approved testing tools
9. Report and document technical issues
10. Provide reports and feedback to management on issues found while testing
11. Ensure GWMS labs’ computers and tools are functioning as per requirements
12. Ensure test accounts are kept safely and can be used without interruption in the two GWMS labs
13. Manage lab equipment as instructed by management
14. Ensure daily automation tests run, and results are collected and communicated to interested teams and individuals
Knowledge of QA Tools: Selenium Grid, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Java, Eclipse, scripting, debugging code
Experienced working with major browsers: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.