Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you have a groundbreaking spirit and thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join our team!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior Infrastructure Developer on our team, you will be working on several big initiatives within the business. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external clients to ensure each module interacts properly with each other. The Web Developer will also troubleshoot issues and develop new enhancements to achieve targeted results. If you have experience in web development and are passionate about continuous learning opportunities, we want to hear from you. Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead and participate in daily scrums
• Participate in planning tasks and support team leaders in coordination of activities
• Elicit and document client requirements
• Design software modules that interact with larger software projects
• Perform unit tests on developed components and lead other tests according to team methods and procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Advanced knowledge and hands-on technical experience with PHP, Python or PERL in an Agile development/SDLC environment
• Infrastructure knowledge in software defined network (SDN), storage and datacenter (Infra as Code)
• API development and integration with Virtualization (ESX), Windows/Linux environment
• Automation expertise with Puppet/Ansible with ability to write in Bash/PowerShell
• Ability to quickly translate and navigate through new code from different development styles
• Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
• Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement
• Aptitude for application level support, migration and deployment activities
• Knowledge of data integration tools
• .NET Core knowledge a plus
• Experience with MySQL database or similar
• Results-oriented with a consistent track record of successful delivery
• Participate and network externally in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
Education and Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.