If you are looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in peoples' lives, come and help us support the digital transformation of the UK. We need Virtualisation Consultants to work with high profile public and commercial clients, building systems that make the everyday easier.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee.
You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme. As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be part of the Infrastructure Virtualisation Engineering Service and will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core virtual estate, forming the backbone of a platform for a secure client.
Duties and responsibilities will include -
• The design, development, building and validation of all virtualisation components that form part of the client’s Platform.
• Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
• Supporting wider system testing activities.
• Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience -
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have demonstrable experience of at the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
• Detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
o VMWare vRealize
Automation 8.0+, or several years 7.x.
o VMware vSphere
o VMware vCenter
Cross-site failure and resiliency
• Good consultancy and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
• VMWare vRealize
• VMware vSAN
o Hybrid and All Flash storage configurations
• VMware NSX-T
o Microsegmentation Firewalling
o Cross Site VC NSX
• VXRail / Other vendor Hyperconverged-Infrastructure architectures
• VMware Horizon
• VMWare Workspace ONE / Identity Manager
• Windows/Linux Server
o Implementation / troubleshooting knowledge
• Ideally at least one professional Virtualisation certification that has been obtained within the last five years, i.e. VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar.
• Experience of:
• Working within the public sector
• Large Virtualisation infrastructure environments that operate at scale.
• Experience in developing secure architectures
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.