Meet our professionals
CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning in Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We have demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of timely, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
CGI supports our members’ career aspirations, offering learning initiatives and provides access to our global health and wellness program. We also offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Join us and be a part of our Services to Credit Unit and Western Canada team!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
PROGRAM AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Identify all the resource options such as human or technical, required to successfully complete the program
- Provide mentorship and guidance to teams and partners
- People and vendor management
- Change and risk management
- Understand and engage contracts under the program
- Define functional structure of projects; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling required resources
- Maintain balanced management of projects by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans to address issues
REPORTS AND DELIVERY
- Prepare reports for program executives, including the C-suite
- Deliver expected project margin/profitability
- Lead all aspects of project work and application of CGI quality processes (CPMF)
- Deliver projects work plan to achieve solutions
- Document and assess impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
- Collect feedback and adjust/improve project directions
FINANCE AND BUDGETS
- Develop attainable budgets and activities
- Assess program financial performance and aim to maximize return on investment
- Evaluate the overall benefits of the program regarding benefit realization
- Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project you are assigned.
- Acquire engagement and approvals by all partners; individual members, teams and the client, as well as vendors/suppliers
- Ensure time logged by members is applied to appropriate tasks against project budget
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate brings a minimum of 10 to 15 years of project management experience in a large scale corporate context, while previous experience in the financial services sector is preferred. This role involves a high level of Senior Management and C-suite communication. Additionally, the Program Manager will have:
- Successfully led the delivery of at least 4 IT projects of medium to high complexity
- Handled program/project budgets between $1M to $5M with a duration of 12 to 18 months.
- Collaborated with 4+ internal and external partners and suppliers
- Led project teams of 10 to 25 (or more) members
- Performed various activities to deliver projects using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managing change requests
- Planned, organized, managed and communicated activities to ensure that project objectives are met to the satisfaction of the client, team and business leaders
- Ensured consistently solid management of activities, quality work and use of the quality processes
- Superior ability to communicate with all levels to provide pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience which can be the client, delivery and or operational teams
- Proven experience in various project management methodologies, which includes but is not limited to initiating satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtaining signoff and driving lessons learned sessions
- Previous experience managing transformational change initiatives
- Working experience with Microsoft Project Plan (MPP), Excel, and Powerpoint
- Exposure to Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and SAFe
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs,
- Solid business case development and change management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new process, applications and systems
- A hands on leader (able to analyze, able to dig deep)
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Can communicate in both technical and business terms
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
- Ability to lead and engage geographically distributed development teams
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Agile Certifications is preferred
- Change Management PROSCI would be an asset
- A degree in business, economics, or computer science or similar work experience would be an asset
Limited travel might be required, to the clients location
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.