CGI is seeking experienced Java Developers for a new project located in Salt Lake City. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting clients throughout the country.
Looking for career advancement?
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We are one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, PTO, ,as well as, numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides unlimited sick leave!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible to develop and support Internet/Intranet applications, with responsibilities in analysis, OO design, coding, testing, documenting, production implementation, and maintenance of those applications.
• Responsible for database design and system testing.
• Helps build the in-house products and create deployment routines to configure software for multiple environments.
• Keeps abreast of in house and 3rd party products.
• Ensures that both functional & non-functional usability requirements are met.
• Provides after hour support for code deployments, changes and general support.
• Contributes design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Build relationships with cross functional teams.
• Recognize inter-dependencies and relationships that foster value creation across our business, and across the enterprise. Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-8 years of experience in development working in a Java environment.
• Ability to work in an AGILE environment and work well with others. Some work may be also be performed using other methodologies such as waterfall and spiral.
• Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, following adopted methodology that leads to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
• Analyze business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and systems improvements
• Design and perform unit tests to confirm functionality meets business requirements
• Drives the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.