CGI is seeking a Service Manager (SM) to work with technical delivery teams to provide customer experience delivery leadership for our Global Technology Operations (GTO) team, who delivers mission critical services globally. You will function as the process owner to oversee the delivery of application development and maintenance services.
The SM differs from the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) in that they manage the staff, technical components/tools, and the operational aspects of the Services to the End Users. The Provider may choose to have the SM report up to the SDM or another part of their organization in a larger organization.
The SM's general responsibilities include:
• Managing the day-to-day operational delivery of Services to the client, including efficient and effective management of the technical staff, tools, and components with their area of responsible to the requirements contained in the applicable Statement(s) of Work,
• Ensuring delivery and continuity of daily operations, support, maintenance and administration for the Services as defined in the Agreement,
• Identifying risk and issues in the delivery of the Services on a regular basis and making sure they are managed to resolution in collaboration with the client,
• Manages the development and implementation of operational and configuration Changes to the technical components for the area of responsibility,
• Manages and assesses the quantity and quality of staff resources used in the delivery of Services to the client and makes recommendations for corrective actions to management when necessary to address issues,
• Maintains and supports the in scope technical components to the requirements in the Statement of Work that is within the area of responsibility for the Service Manager,
• Ensure staff resources have the proper knowledge, training, and skills
• Assist management in making decisions to improve service delivery and quality at an operational level, and
• Provide recommendations on technologies, tools, and products to be adopted to meet the present and future requirements of the client.
The required key skills and knowledge include:
• Strong project, customer service, communications, and service management skills based on experience with outsourcing arrangements
• Knowledge and experience of industry standards such as ITIL version 3, ISO 20000-1:2011, COBIT, and CMMI — SVC at level 3 at minimum,
• Certified ITIL service management foundation,
• Training, experience, and certification in the technical components and tools managed,
• Strong knowledge of management of staff resources, including the ability to motivate staff and resolving issues and conflicts,
• Knowledge of service integration processes and procedures in a sourcing environment, including the ability to work with other Providers to meet the clients end-to-end service levels, and
• Ability to manage ITSM management processes and procedures in an outsourcing environment
The recommended education and experience should be:
• 5 years of experience in managing service delivery
• At minimum certified ITIL service management foundation,
• IT technical certifications would be desired related to the in- scope components, tools, and services, and
• An associate degree in business, technology, or related field, but a bachelor’s degree would be preferable.
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.