Meet our professionals
We are a global IT and business consulting services leader, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company in our Emerging Technology Division in Toronto.
CGI supports our members’ career aspirations, offering learning initiatives and provides access to our global health and wellness program. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits such as our share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance!
Who You'll Work With:
Our Emerging Technology team is a small, adaptable group of experts focused on helping our clients take advantage of Cloud Platforms.
Our culture focuses on tackling complex problems, having a real impact on our clients, and having fun while we do it. Our mandate is to experiment, and identify new solutions and help act as internal catalysts at CGI.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What You'll Do:
You are a visionary and leader. Other Architects come to you for advice and direction. You can quickly set a direction, deliver on it, and adapt your solutions to complex client environments. You understand how to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our customers.
You're an entrepreneur who wants to build and create new solutions for our clients. You understand how to build, support, and grow new technology capabilities that have a lasting impact.
• Thought leadership in Public and Private Cloud and how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise.
• Support development programs to build cloud-native applications.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to key business and technology partners – Head of Cloud, Head of Big Data and the Digital Transformation Program.
• Be able to mentor and coach others in the Cloud and cloud-native space.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 to 7 years + of experience in a senior leadership role supporting multiple teams of Cloud Engineers.
• Education- minimum College above and/or equivalent work experience.
•Able to navigate conversations with executives (C-suite) and technologists (practitioners) fluidly.
• Experience with delivering Cloud and Internet-facing applications with a focus on cloud security.
• Experience with architecting multi-vendor SaaS, IaaS or PaaS environments, particularly public Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
• Building Cloud strategies and reference architectures and experience with application development security.
• Comfortable with API and Container orchestration ecosystems.
• Hand-on application development experience.
• Familiar with Microservice oriented application frameworks such as Spring, Lagom, Akka, DropWizard, Vert.x, Spark.
- Application Development
- Cloud architect
- DevOps Engineering
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.