Description du poste :
This roles is to provide technical expertise and architectural leadership for the full migration and conversion of a major State social services system from a hosted on-prem environment to AWS cloud. The system consists of multiple applications, technologies, and subsystems that will be transitioned over an extended period. The transition will need to determine appropriate AWS services and architecture for each system component, and identify and design solutions to re-architect components as necessary. This is a senior role that will require a broad understanding of the technologies and AWS environment, the ability to work with senior customer and CGI management and technical resources, and the ability to set direction for and provide leadership to the development teams. Working in a dynamic environment using agile techniques and tools.
Fonctions et responsabilités :
• Assists customer with migrating legacy systems to AWS cloud
• Drives technical assessments and solution development to transition system components to AWS.
• Helps identify implications for cloud conversion of systems and applications and identifies potential solution approaches.
• Assesses solution alternatives and develops architectural decisions.
• Participates in planning for transition and migration efforts.
• Coordinates with project management, application team members, and operations team members to achieve the transition goals of the project
• Works with application transformation teams on their refactoring efforts. Work with architecture team and especially the cloud application architect to develop solutions addressing all architectural requirements and perspectives
• Serves as cloud technical architect for enterprise computing environment. Provide technical leadership to all enterprise infrastructures and mission critical projects.
• Influence the Client’s technology strategy and establish reusable systems, infrastructures, frameworks, and tools for use across their enterprise-wide architecture.
• As a key member of the architecture team, help to guide the strategic direction of client’s architecture. Develop, publish, and apply best practices and standards. Maintain and publish updated documentation on standards and application architecture.
• Lead standards and provide some hands on development or project leadership when needed.
• Review systems designs and technologies produced by other department staff for consistency and adherence to standards
• Mentor and/or train staff members on existing standards and on the adoption of the enterprise architecture.
• Helps to develop Infrastructure as Code solutions and practices.
• Helps to create and improve CI/CD pipeline
• Provides knowledge transfer to CGI and customer team architects & developers to impart skills needed to be successful in the long-term digital transformation efforts
• Produce cost benefit analyses when needed for projects and AD strategic tools.
Qualités requises pour réussir dans ce rôle :
• Customer-focused, hands-on technical expert with the ability to consult with leadership
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn and adApt quickly to new technologies and environments while being able to see and present the “big picture”
• Exceptional communications skills - written and oral.
• Knowledge or architecting cloud solutions in AWS and supporting application migrations to a cloud service provider.
• Ability to provide strategic recommendations for Cloud service architecture design working closely with AWS consultants on infrastructure design and software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and interfaces
• Experience with Java, NodeJS, Spring boot framework or understanding how the applications can be transformed using 12 factor best practices and to become cloud-native
• Experience with Cloud Foundry and migrating Cloud foundry apps into AWS Fargate
• Experience with Docker containerization, Automation of infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation
• Experience with CI/CD methodologies and able to drive DevOps culture within the organization
• Experience with API first based architectures and how they are used pin cloud
• Experience with AWS services such as Cognito, API gateway, IAM service, Route53, AWS Fargate, Docker.
• Define and document the cloud reference architecture and drive its implementation across all the cloud components
• Experience with logging and metrics in AWS.
• Knowledge of AWS networking such as VPC’s, VPN connectivity to on-premise and other AWS networking components
- Spring Framework
Ce que vous pouvez attendre de nous :
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.