Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
As a senior Software Engineer , you will work with clients and stakeholders to analyze business and enterprise requirements, participate in strategic design and architectural decisions, and draft design documents and oversee code development (and in some cases write code) to create new applications. This senior position is a great way to support a vital Federal mission and join CGI, a premier systems integrator and application development firm.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden:
• Provide architecture and software design support for an integrated suite of applications using latest technologies and frameworks
• Support / lead the development of modernization strategies such as cloud migration and the adoption of a Microservices architecture.
• Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
• Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed customer specifications.
• Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
• Advises infrastructure engineers on characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
• Draft Design documentation, Target State Diagrams, and other design & architecture related documentation with adequate notation
• Work with project manager and chief architect to design overall software system architecture and design a set of Agile sprint sessions to accomplish work in phases
• Reverse engineer or work with business analysts to extract business logic of existing legacy software systems
• Prepares reports on technical analyses/findings and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
• At times, serves as the primary customer interface to resolve technical problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
• At times, may serve as a technical team or task leader.
• Provides expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
This is senior position with a minimum of 9 years of relevant technical experience required along with a bachelors degree. Sixteen years of experience can be substituted for the bachelors degree. Only 7 years of experience are needed with a relevant Masters degree. Successful candidates will possess:
• Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques to include Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods
• Expert knowledge of capturing architecture designs using the Unified Modeling Notation (UML)
• Experience designing, developing and deploying software architecture services using RESTful web services
• Working knowledge of design, development and deployment of Microservices
• Good experience working with Oracle platforms to include middleware and database technologies.
• Expert knowledge of Java platforms and frameworks.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other Cloud technologies
• Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
• Professional certification in one or more specific methods and technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a confident and assertive demeanor.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work on challenging issues independently or in a team environment
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments
- Analytisch denken
- Communicatief vaardig (Verbaal/Schriftelijk)
Wat mag je van ons verwachten:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.