Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our team in Atlantic Canada and need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Fresh Computer Science graduates with or without Co-op experience who posses Java, Web Services, API knowledge are most welcome to apply.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to transform Business and Solution Requirement Documents into test cases.
• Perform complex test analysis and design.
• Identify and document test conditions & test cases
• Ability to identify Test automation opportunities within the application under test & create
automated tests for the same
• Develop and document traceability matrix(ces)
• Assist with test planning and analysis activities
• Identify and prepare technical test data
• Execute testing cases & performing test cycle activities as defined in the test plan
• Testing Java based applications, REST Web Services, APIs
• Identify, log, and follow-up on all defects encountered
• Perform additional testing-related activities, as assigned
• Communicate progress of testing activities to the Team Lead/Manager as well as the Client
• Maintain and communicate a solid understanding of software testing best practices,
methodologies and terminology
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
Must Have Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of Software Development & Testing Lifecycle
• Very good Technical aptitude
• Strong desire to learn new Tools, Technologies & a desire to advance their career on Test
• Posses a test to break attitude
• Prior hands on experience in Java or Web Services/APIs is a must
• Good working knowledge on XML
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
• Prior experience on Selenium, HP UFT/QTP, Parasoft SOAtest or SOAP UI would be a great
• Prior experience working on TSYS, TRIAD, Mainframe, AS400 would be a great plus
• Prior working experience on HP ALM and/or Quality Center would be a bonus
• Prior working experience in the Banking domain would be an added advantage
• Industry recognized testing certification(s) would be a great advantage
• Strong desire to advance your career in the Testing domain
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients and team
• Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, and has the ability to receive feedback
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Flexibility with ability to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Functional Testing
- Test Case / Script Development
- Web Services
- Quality Centre
- Securities and Derivatives
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.