As a member of our Java Development Team, you will be supporting agile development/operations by implementing and improving various technology strategies that are already in place at the client. You will work on building, scaling, and monitoring highly complex and mission-critical applications and ensuring our container orchestration infrastructure is highly available as it migrates to a cloud environment. You will also be responsible for designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate closely with Technical Leads and senior developers.
• Participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for on-premise applications in unclassified and TS environments.
• Provide support for Agile Development and O&M teams in the following areas (Java Applications, Container Infrastructure, CI/CD and DevOps pipelines, troubleshooting, application performance tuning & analysis, Static Code Analysis, etc.)
• Learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other agile practices established within the team using the tools that are currently being used
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A US Government Active Top Secret Clearance is required for this position. All candidates must have an Active Top Secret clearance in order to be considered.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
• Hands-on professional experience in the creation of mid-to-enterprise level software systems
• Hands-on professional experience in designing, documenting and developing web-based and stand-alone software applications
• Experience designing and implementing SOAP and RESTful web services
• Experience with object-oriented languages and concepts to include a minimum of three years of development work using Java and Oracle in an On-Premises. IaaS, and/or PaaS cloud-based environment
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as MS DEVOPS and/or Jenkins
• Experience with automated configuration processes and tools such as PowerShell DSC
• Experience with supporting a DevSecOps environment (code repository, binary repository, continuous integration/delivery, error tracking)
• Experience with producing and grooming Agile product backlogs and interacting with Product Owners
• Experience evaluating and implementing cloud-based solutions
• Agile certification preferred
• Knowledge of applicable controls for securing federal government systems
• Experience implementing Docker or similar container technologies in Azure
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.