Meet our professionals
CGI’s GTO (Global Technology Operations) Client Architects are responsible for development and delivery of comprehensive technical solutions and supporting infrastructure required in a variety of business sectors and technical domains. CGI’s Client Architects evaluate business goals, provide assessments, set technical directions, conceive technical architectures, design / develop proposals and provide consulting to our clients.
As a client architect in our team, you will join an existing group of senior technology professionals, bringing your specialized domain expertise to bear on current infrastructure operations work, and will further be called upon to act as the prime technical interface for a variety of project initiatives supporting our Calgary energy clients.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in technology architecture, cloud architecture (AWS, Azure or Google) with programming skills, a familiarity with the open source community and knowledge of Linux and Windows. The incumbent thrives in a highly technical customer facing role where the challenges are as diverse as they are abundant. You must be comfortable presenting to customers, transforming requirements into architecture and setting technology direction. If you have this unique combination of client, coding and IT skills then you may be our perfect candidate!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Establish relationships with customer contacts, the architecture team and designer groups to analyze requirements and agree on outcomes;
- Translate requirements into architecture that can be implemented and supported by operations;
- Create technology plans and roadmaps tailored to customer requirements
- Advise on implementation strategy;
- Production of architecture documentation necessary for detailed design and implementation;
- Define and create new client service offerings
- Design and develop systems to automate infrastructure and platform services
- Serve as a senior technical escalation point for critical issues and assist with resolution of problems
- Adopt, implement and evangelize Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Assist with developing and defining processes and procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Detail oriented with high standards for quality of work;
- Write clear and concise documentation;
- Create complex business solutions incorporating both technical and financial aspects;
- Build financial pricing models
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts in client sensitive situations;
- Communicate with customers, executives and IT technical specialists;
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Private, Public & Hybrid Cloud Architectures using
• VMWare and one of the following: Azure, AWS or Google
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure (eg. Nutanix, Cisco HyperFlex)
- Software Defined Networking (eg. Cisco ACI, VMware NSX)
- Knowledge of Agile, and core Dev Ops practises such as CI / CD
- Experience with some of the following:
• CloudFoundry or OpenShift
• Configuration Management – Puppet or Ansible is ideal, but Chef or Salt is ok
• Scripting in Python, Bash or PowerShell
• Microservices architectures
• Datacenter networking
• Storage (SAN and NAS) and Backup technologies
• Physical server hardware
• Monitoring solutions
• Network Security Technologies such as (Firewalls, SecurID, ESM/VA Tools, LOG ANALYSIS, NIDS, HIDS, VPN, Authentification);
• Identity Management;
• Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase);
• Techniques and technologies required for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years of progressive, diverse work experience in IT including experience with systems and infrastructure architecture methodologies. Preference will be given to those who have experience in the areas of DevOps and Public Cloud technologies;
• Operations experience supporting customer environments;
• Experience complex design for large scale infrastructure projects;
• Capacity to lead an architecture project from beginning to end and provide support to solve problems when needed;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff. following: SOX, PCI, ITIL, CISSP;
• Post Secondary Education in relevant domain or equivalent work experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.