CGI Federal is seeking a Secretary II to support the OIP division of DOJ in Washington DC
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence, personally responds to requests for information concerning office procedures, determines which requests should be handled by the supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices. May prepare and sign routine, nontechnical correspondence in own or supervisor's name,
• Schedules tentative appointments without prior clearance. Makes arrangements for conferences and meetings and assembles established background materials, as directed. May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings,
• Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with supervisor's procedures, assures that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed,
• Collects information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on office program(s) or periodic reports. Refers non-routine requests to supervisor or staff,
• Explains to subordinate staff supervisor's requirements concerning office procedures. Coordinates personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 1-3 years administrative experience required, experience in a government setting preferred
• Ability to obtain a Department of Justice waiver
Top Secret or Secret Clearance Preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook Email and WordPerfect
• Administrative, organizational and coordination skills
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelors degree preferred
At a minimum need to be able to do:
Data Entry and Mail-Out of Response Letters
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.