CGI has set itself the task to develop an automated seismic interpretation product to support the dream of creating the first automatized oil platform. In order to interpret seismic images, data analytics and neural networking technologies will be included in this solution. At this moment in the oil and gas business, all seismic interpretation is done by hand, a very tedious process! For you, we seen the challenge of creating this automated system and launch the first automated oil and gas platform!
Within the Exploration teams there is a need to search and create seismic data without any obstacles. Currently the need has arisen to create a global data store where exploration scientist can find all available data. Furthermore, users need to find metadata to guide them through the data available. Exploration Scientist use this data to create data products, which in turn they can use to obtain pre cursor indications of left over oil and gas repositories.
The current amount of seismic data stored in this Oil & Gas company is 5 times the data stored by YouTube. This data was never archived and is unsearchable. To search through this data lake, a global repository is needed and search tools need to be developed to increase the search efficiency.
Within this internship on our Upstream team, you will be working on this initiative within the business. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external clients to ensure each module interacts properly with each other. If you have experience in data analytics, neural networks, seismic interpretation and are excited about continuous learning opportunities, we want to hear from you.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with Big Data analytics, Neural networking
• Knowledge and hands-on technical experience with pattern recognition
• An ability to quickly translate and navigate through new concepts in data analytics.
• Excellent communication skills in English, speaking and writing
• Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement
• Knowledge of data analytic tools
• Familiarity with big data concepts (ex: Hadoop)
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a focus on data analytics or spatial visualisations, or equivalent
• No more than 1 year of full time relevant experience (please note research under a PhD are not be considered relevant experience)
• Have completed at least 2 years of relevant Bachelor studies by the time of the commencement of the internship, and are currently enrolled in a relevant study programme
Apply immediately! More information about the vacancy? Contact Satish.Bansidhar@cgi.com, Director Consulting Services, via mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
For other questions about the application procedure, please contact the Recruitment department on (088) 564 00 00 or email@example.com
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.