Meet our professionals
Founded in 1976, CGI is one of the worlds largest IT and business consulting services firms. We help clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital organizations, through high-end IT and business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services combined with a unique client proximity model and global center of excellence network.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team.
We need to double our capacity to satisfy growing client demand globally and are looking for top talent. Combine the challenges offered by complex technical initiatives with the potential for international travel and gain experience and demonstrate your creativity.
As a Sr. Project Manager in the CGI Project Management Office, your involvement in the achievement of the projects & transitions is to contribute of the success of any project work on. You will primary manage Infrastructure related projects working at the Client site.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Deliver expected project margin/profitability
• Document and assess impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Execute various activities to deliver projects using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests,
• Plan, organize, manage and communicate the activities to ensure the project objectives meet to client satisfaction, team and executive
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes (CPMF)
• Ensure time charged by members applied to the appropriate task and control the project budget.
• Complete satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtain signature
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all players; individual members, teams and the client plus suppliers.
• Maintain the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues
• Ensure your projects are audible (CGI quality processes applied)
• Contribute to client satisfaction appraisal throughout the delivery of your projects
• Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project you are assigned,
• Define functional structure of the project; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling the required resources
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Has successfully managed the delivery of between 4 and 10 medium complexity projects;
• From 500 to 3,000 person days of effort
• Generating revenue between $250K and $3M,
• Duration of 6 to 12 months
• Managed 1 or more internal and or external partners and suppliers
• Teams of 5 to 10 (or more) members
• Has executed various activities to deliver projects using, the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests,
• Has planned, organized, managed and communicated the activities to ensure the project objectives are met to the satisfaction of the client, team and executives;
• Has ensured good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes;
• Has strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience which can be the client, delivery and or operational teams;
• Has ensured time charged by members was applied to the appropriate task and has control of the project budget.
• Has completed satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtained signature
• Has obtained engagement and approvals by all players; individual members, teams and the client plus suppliers.
• Has completed lessons learned.
• Manage internal and/or external partners and suppliers would be considered an asset
Education and Certification
• Diploma: Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters in Project Management is an asset.
• Certification: Project Management institute (PMI) is an asset.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Project Management (T1)
- Analytical Thinking
- Performs Well Under Pressure
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.