** Location: Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal
Here is a unique opportunity to be a part of the CGI team. Reporting to a Manager of the Technologies and Infrastructure business unit, the chosen candidate will act as system administrator on Linux servers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Complete the troubleshooting and upgrading of the different platforms;
- Building servers and supporting (operational support) for internal project;
- Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementations;
- Script development for automating tasks;
- Perform system tuning activities where appropriate;
- Ensure all documentation for the systems (build books, network diagrams) is created & updated after changes;
- Make recommendations to improve health of the system where necessary;
- Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time;
- Provide on-call support as scheduled (when required);
- Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary;
- Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary;
- Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets;
- Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products where needed;
- Reduce costs where expedient to do so without impacting service availability;
- Recommend efficiencies in the organisations;
- Show leadership by training more junior members and being pro-active;
- Working proactively to make sure insure that services delivery are in lined with the evolution of the client need and the evolution of his technical environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Ability to translate and articulate requirements;
- Good business knowledge;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good planning skills;
- Must be able to work effectively with multiple teams, multiple projects at once;
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time compressed and dynamic environment;
- Solid skills and discipline for Change Management practices and processes;
- Demonstrated experience in deploying, maintaining and supporting server infrastructures;
- Strong Analytical Skills & use of Analytical Tools;
- Work closely with the client for certain applications that CGI supports;
- 2 years with Linux SuSe and/or Red Hat;
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.