We are looking for a self-motivated, career driven, ambitious candidate, experienced in IT systems operations with good communication skills and strong drive to deliver results for Banking project. You are driven to find solutions to problems by taking a big picture perspective and will work across different teams and disciplines in order to get things done. You have a passion for system reliability and take an automation first approach to routine tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Serve as the subject matter expert for all Linux systems - someone with System Administration background but venturing into the DevOps world.
• Build and maintain a holistic understanding of services in the environment and how they interact with each other
• Escalation point for complex production-impacting incidents and problems
• Assist architects with design and implementation of new systems
• Performance and capacity analysis, planning and reporting
• Create automated builds for server images
• Reduce repetitive manual tasks through automation
• Create and maintain operational documentation as related to infrastructural environments
• Participate in and lead post incident reviews when required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Candidate must have very good Linux administration skills; Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is highly preferred
Expert hands-on experience in VM management
Hands-on experience with Ansible and Jenkins to write scripts automating VM creation for new or changing environments
Expert experience in secret management such as HashiCorp Vault and mutual TLS
Knowledge of network systems and concepts: firewalls, F5, VIP
Exposure to Solaris system for the modernization project
• Proactive – self-starter, self-managed, and who can provide suggestions and come up with solutions.
• Reliable project owner.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Flexible and adaptable with regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software or hardware related issues and provide POC.
• Technically proficient and highly logical.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
• Open to discussion and giving feedback promptly.
• Happy to share information and knowledge with team members.
• Encourage and inspire others.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.