Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end capabilities, from strategic IT and business consulting to systems integration, managed IT and business process services and intellectual property solutions, helping clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital enterprises.
Under the direction of the Application Support Director, the Application Support Manager will be responsible for
• Building and maintaining relationships with the Service Owners and Managers within our client organization
• Managing critical incidents , gathering key information from supporting sources on the call, effectively determining appropriate courses of action, engaging and escalating involvement of required resources (from CGI, from the customer and/or from supporting vendors), to efficiently restore service
• Performing regular problem management activities
• Leading the onshore team, ensuring accurate billing and a balanced workload for the members
• Providing guidance to the offshore team, ensuring services are being delivered according to the contract
• Providing team feedback and developing action plans to remediate issues, identifying processes and skills required for continuous improvements in knowledge
• Managing projects and transitions when required
• Creating and managing new hardening initiatives
• Ensuring that the root causes of incidents are being determined and reporting the statuses to CGI management as well as the client counterparts
• Providing and/or reviewing and rationalizing estimates that will be provided to other teams (primarily development)
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities
• Participate in technology reviews
• Participate in operations best practices sessions
• Contribute to knowledge sharing initiatives
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• At least 7 – 10 years experience in IT
• ITIL Certification a MUST
• Able to work in a 24/7 on call environment
• Database Technologies: Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server
• Middleware Technologies: Exposure to Weblogic and Tomcat
• Programming Languages: Java, .NET, IBM BPM, Oracle OSM
• Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, Windows
• Managing the delivery of IT services
• Troubleshooting skills
• Leading teams locally and remotely
• Project delivery
Nice to Have:
• Bilingual: French (Oral) and English (both written and spoken)
• Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
• Experience automating routine and repetitive support activities
• Knowledge of Telephony applications
• Knowledge of Operations Support
• Willing to improve skill set through technical training and adhoc technical engagements
• Willing and eager to learn in different business and technology domains
• Willing to work under pressure
• Willing to work within a larger group
• Willing to work in a multi-vendor environment
• Willing to work outside business hours
• Willing to be on–call 7x24
• Must be a good communicator
• Must be client focused
Was kann man von CGI erwarten?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.