If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. Specifically we are looking for an experienced Java Developer to work with one of our key Investment Bank clients
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior Java Developer you will be working on a strategic global middle office platform for our Investment Bank client the platform is based on cutting-edge ‘Axiom Platform’ framework and consumes the front office data for straight through trade processing. The team you will be working in also provide booking and allocation services for Equities and Fixed Income.
You will be working within an agile environment where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. You will work in a close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams located in different regions and responsible for various parts of Equities technology landscape (order management and execution systems, back office, reference data, etc).
The role covers all aspects of the development lifecycle from requirements analysis and solution design to successful implementation and SL3 support of the delivered product. It will involve the following major areas:
• Implementing new functionality in Trade Manager according to business requirements Implementing adapters to back office systems
• Working closely with the Axiom core team and occasionally contributing to the development of shared framework and other platform-level tools and re-usable components
Other responsibilities include:
• Participate in back-end components development/re-engineering/support
• Provide effective technical solutions
• Perform code reviews, ensure code/design quality
• Automated tests development
• Effective communication with stakeholders
• Accurate tasks progress and time reporting
• Release instruction and production rollout review and support
• Code/functionality documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The ideal person for this role will have extensive experience of professional development on Java within Investment banks. You will have a thorough understanding of equities and fixed income. You must have excellent knowledge of core Java (collections, multithreading, memory consumption, GC) and experience in working with high frequency/low latency data processing systems. You must also have experience with high volume data processing systems
Other essential experience includes:
• Hands-on experience with messaging platforms (Ultramessaging (LBM), Solace, JMS)
• Hands-on experience with FIX protocol
• Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
• Understanding Equity trading workflows
• Agile/XP development experience including test driven development
• Understanding of disrupter programming pattern
Desirable experience but not essential includes:
• Hands-on experience with technologies such as Axiom, Bandwagon, VAS programming
The ideal person for this role will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, great communication skills and a good understanding of algorithm complexity
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.