Description du poste :
If you have a sixth sense for data science, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that needs the talents of people who are at home analysing, managing, designing and predicting complex datasets and breathing life into AI systems.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Fonctions et responsabilités :
You will provide Database Administration and application support to our key clients and lead on Database transition/projects. This typically comprises of database administration, maintenance, capacity management, performance monitoring and tuning. Application support will include application releases and deployments and identification of data anomalies and code defects with the use of T-SQL statement tuning.
You will react to and resolve incidents within SLAs via our call management system and perform planned releases both in and out of core business hours supporting a bespoke application. You will also be involved in performing Change Management duties within change KPI targets, concentrating mainly on major changes.
Qualités requises pour réussir dans ce rôle :
This position would suit either an all-round SQL Server Database specialist or an experienced SQL Developer/Support Analyst who is familiar with SQL Server Database Administration.
• You’ll be across the latest developments in all SQL Server versions up to and including SQL Server 2019.
• You will have a primary database skill of SQL Server. It would be advantageous to have a secondary skill of MySQL and any other RDBMS (Oracle, Ingres, VoltDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL).
• You’ll bring experience as a T-SQL Developer, Database Administrator or Support Analyst.
• Good knowledge of T-SQL is a must with exposure to SQL Server HA/DR technologies (e.g. Logshipping, DB mirroring, Clustering, Always on Availability Groups).
• Any experience of the SQL BI stack (SSIS, SSRS or SSAS) will also be advantageous.
• Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who doesn’t mind a challenge and would like to work on something big!
The applicant must either hold, or be willing and able to be Security cleared to SC level or higher.
Ce que vous pouvez attendre de nous :
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.