Description du poste :
This position is located in the Department of Justice (DOJ), Office on Violence Against Women (OVW). Created in 1995, OVW implements the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and subsequent legislation and provides national leadership against domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking. Since its inception, OVW has launched a multifaceted approach to responding to these crimes through implementation of grant programs authorized by VAWA By forging state, local and tribal partnerships among police, prosecutors, the judiciary, victim advocates, healthcare providers, faith leaders, the public, and others, OVW grants help provide victims with the protection and services they need to pursue safe and healthy lives, while improving communities’ capacity to hold offenders accountable for their crimes.
Purpose: The Administrative Specialist (Management Analyst I) is responsible for the administration functions of OVW’s front office and is the main point of contact for anyone phoning or visiting the Director and/or Principal Deputy Director and as such must have the capacity to represent the office positively and in a culturally appropriate way.
Fonctions et responsabilités :
• Schedule meetings with internal and external stakeholders in coordination with Director’s Confidential/Special Assistant
• Schedule Motor-pool, inviting travelers, and modifying scheduled Motor-pool at the discretion of the Director and/or Principal Deputy Director
• Screen calls and voicemails for the Director and/or Principal Deputy Director’s phone line
• Draft all outgoing correspondence for victim, citizen, and congressional letters for review by the Confidential/Special Assistant
• Control the Director and/or Principal Deputy Director’s Chronological File
• Update and manage various email distribution lists for Director Communications
• Develop and update power point presentations, fact sheets, and other written communication in coordination with Confidential/Special Assistant
• Manage Director and/or Principal Deputy Director’s travel including air, hotel, and car reservations, travel authorizations, and expense reports
• Manage the OVW.Info and OVW.Director email boxes, review all incoming emails and develop responses in coordination with Director’s Confidential/Special Assistant
• Manage Director and/or Principal Deputy Director’s file plan and coordinate archival schedule
Qualités requises pour réussir dans ce rôle :
• Demonstrated problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
• Good computer skills with knowledge of the Microsoft Office package of tools, Outlook and capacity to navigate the internet for work purposes.
• Evidence of superb written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in a federal government agency, community based organization, or customer service setting.
• Proven ability to plan and coordinate projects and work schedules to effectively use work related resources and information in accordance with Government and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Sound research and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and formulate solutions; appropriate to current OVW policy and communication strategies.
• Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of the Front Office team under broad guidelines; identify performance outcomes, and meet deadlines, often in a context of competing priorities and expectations.
• Highly effective personal and interpersonal skills, which foster trust, cooperation and support of others.
• Proven ability to cope with and perform effectively in a demanding environment, giving close attention to detail and accuracy, while meeting tight deadlines.
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally and possess a high standard of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize and deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy and maintain complete confidentiality at all times.
• Experience in handling inquiries under a variety of conditions in a helpful, responsive and positive manner.
Required Proficiencies: Detail oriented, highly organized, ability to multi-task, reliable, self-starter, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point
Position Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Must be able to successfully pass a CGI Federal Background Investigation
Must be able to obtain a DOJ MRPT Clearance
Must posses a High School Diploma
Ce que vous pouvez attendre de nous :
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.