From our office in the beautiful town of Frascati (Rome), CGI Italy helps scientists and entrepreneurs in processing Space and Earth Observation data using cutting edge IT technologies.
• are a software engineer willing to work for a creative group in the Space Business with geospatial data,
• are eager to learn new big data and cloud technologies,
• enjoy integrating different components in a wide SW architecture,
• have a passion for clean code and elegant solutions,
then, our team is looking for you!
You will have the opportunity to work in international projects, frequently embracing innovative technologies including big data and cloud native applications.
CGI globally is a leading ICT company with 77,000+ professionals working in 40 countries. We have the presence, expertise and complete IT services to meet clients’ business needs anywhere, anytime and to offer our professionals challenging and rewarding careers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be in charge of this missions :
• Take a keen interest in our journey, not just write applications.
• Develop quick prototypes (e.g. based on OSS) to experiment possible solutions for a wide architecture
• Modify, adapt and interconnect systems which will be deployed in operational scenario
• Contribute to the development of scalable and highly-performant distributed systems
• Be part of an agile team that is continuously learning and improving
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
We principally look for bright people with excellent programming skills. Great coders are always fast learners. The following skills have high priority:
• Mastery of Java and Java web applications
• Capability of installing and integrating various systems and middleware
• Software development stack with Spring (Framework, Boot, Data, Batch, Security) and design patterns
• REST/HTTP based services, web frameworks and cloud native applications
• Modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD
• APIs and Container Ecosystems (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
• Linux environment experience
• Fluent spoken and written English
Experience with the following technologies is considered a plus:
• Domain knowledge with geospatial data and Earth Observation applications (OGC Standards)
• Microservice architectures
• Big data technologies, e.g. Apache Hadoop, Spark, Scala, noSQL databases
• Authentication protocols
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.