Do you like to broaden your horizon in an international environment and develop your career with a new perspective and exciting opportunity to play a part in bringing Galileo, Europe's new satellite navigation system, into operational use?
CGI Space Netherlands is looking for a Operations System Engineer to join our client locations in Czech Republic or France.
Scope of work
The aim of this work is to follow the activities related to the Operations System Engineer and support the operations and service provision to our client for European space programs.
Tasks and activities shall cover:
• contribute to the maintenance of Galileo Mission Requirements and associated service roadmaps;
• contribute to the technical management of the system and segment infrastructure evolution activities;
• contribute to the preparation of the service evolution plan integrating the system evolution plan;
• Support the organization and execution of the Service Validation Plan and for the reviews related with the different services evolutions (Prepare the service validation plan, Service Consolidation Review, Service Validation Review);
• support implementation of exploitation change control boards (CCB) structure;
• preparation, review and administration of change requests, including the participation to the relevant CCB and the Engineering Board as needed;
• prepare the acceptance milestone internally and in close coordination with external partners;
• analysis of the services provision changes, services roll-out implementation of the new system releases.
• plan Galileo standardization support activities, including the execution of the associated technical activities;
• perform operations analysis and develop operations concept;
• support to the coordination baseline documentation;
• mission and Service Support and validate mission operations data;
• contribute to the design, development, and the implementation of dedicated solutions for monitoring of performance;
• support the Galileo Services team for any topics related to Galileo services, mission and system evolution (including the Galileo Second Generation).
Skills and competencies to be successful
• University Education or Master’s Degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, physics, science.
• 5 years of experience working performing the activities mentioned.
• Knowledge and/or experience of space system engineering or operations activities.
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
• Result orientation, operational efficiency.
• Enjoying team working, especially in a multi-cultural environment.
• In possession of or able to obtain security clearance at EU Secret level, implying EU Member States citizen;
• Ability to travel when needed to other locations
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
We offer you a permanent contract with excellent terms of employment, so you can be sure of a job right away. Working part-time? Whether you want to work at least 32 hours or 4 x 9 hours is also possible with us. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of their own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes. It's also important to us that you remain inspired, do the things that excite you and continue to develop. Our CGI Academy offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a fun and close-knit team of professionals where we take joint responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story.
Are you ready to be part of our story?
Apply now! We will contact you as soon as possible. Questions about the position? Ask them to Jeroen Meulman, Director Consulting Services via email@example.com or +31 88 56 47938.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact Chris Nikijuluw, corporate recruiter, via 06-204 511 05 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not cooperate with external parties.
Acquisition is therefore not appreciated.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.