Director Consulting Expert - Payments
Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
Challenge yourself, change lives and help shape the UK’s digital revolution.
We are looking for a Director Consulting Expert - Payments who can drive change, inspire trust with clients and colleagues, and take responsibility for some of the world’s most ambitious transformation projects.
CGI was recognised in the Sunday Times Best Places to Work List 2023 and has been named one of the ‘World’s Best Employers’ by Forbes magazine. We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3.5% + 3.5% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee.
We are committed to inclusivity, building a genuinely diverse community of tech talent and inspiring everyone to pursue careers in our sector. Join us and you’ll be part of an open, friendly community of experts. We’ll train and support you in taking your career wherever you want it to go.
We are happy to discuss remote or hybrid working.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will define and lead our all payments offering to take our payments solution to the next level in the market. This includes working in tandem with our product management function and rethinking how we bring our offering to market, with a focus on building the business across CGI’s global footprint. You will define the business use from design through to follow-on support, including go-to-market strategies and supporting individual deals as they progress from opportunity to reality. This role is expected to be highly client and market facing and you will deal with senior client personnel.
In addition to this you will be:
* Setting strategy and tactics and working with the All Payments product development teams to inform on required product functionality
* Developing a market consulting offering to support client needs and grow the market
* Identifying target markets; developing and delivering key market messages in the form of conferences, social media and marketing collateral
* Educating internal CGI members via multiple channels including internal media platforms through to training business partners across geographic business units
* Actively pitching to clients and prospects on the value of CGI’s solutions and how we can facilitate their payments modernisation strategy
* Focusing on the prospecting and pre-sales process.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
We are looking for someone who is a business-oriented leader who is passionate about Payments able to analyse, define, deliver and track our offering. You will also hold the ability to support sale team members by providing payments advice and direction from an early stage in the sales process as well as supporting product managers to define requirements for relevant and appealing functionality in future product releases.
Experience of the actions needed to progress through long duration sales cycles, especially for emerging products and services that may rely initially on the early adopters is crucial, as is experience managing a sales pipeline across multiple geographies and business units and the development of business cases and compelling commercial proposals.
In addition to this you will also need:
* Demonstrable experience within European Payments and knowledge of SEPA, SEPA Inst and SWIFT
* Excellent communication and though leadership skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types and understand technical issues
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience of Business Process Mapping/Business Process Re-engineering
* Project or Program Management Experience would be advantageous.
- Single Euro Payments Area
- Product Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.