Sr Organizational Change Manager
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in organizational change management? We are looking for a Organizational Change Manager who can plan, organize and lead organizational change management activities and focus on business readiness, executive alignment/commitment and communications as part of program and project delivery. In collaboration with the client, project team and other stakeholders, the OCM Consultant will assess, plan, implement and evaluate change initiatives. In addition, the OCM Consultant will build an understanding of the organization’s resources and capacity for change and develop the processes, tools and techniques required to effectively meet the change objectives.
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders. As a member of CGI’s Atlantic Business Unit Systems Integration and Consulting practice providing service to Public Sector customers, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The public sector in the Atlantic provinces is re-inventing the way digital services and products are delivered to partner departments, and the citizens of the provinces they serve, and CGI is challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of assisting the public sector in delivering on their respective mandates. Public Sector is looking to leverage newer technologies to put customized services into the hands of citizens so their interactions and engagements with government is seamless, comfortable, and successful. Public sector clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to meet these ever-growing needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Leading the development of change management strategies and plans to support complex IT programs and projects
• applying a structured change management approach and methodology to change caused by projects and change efforts
• developing actionable and targeted change management plans, including a communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, risk mitigation plan and resistance management plan
• working with leadership teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan
• partnering with key stakeholders support the execution of specific engagement strategies and plans
• identifying potential risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns; develop risk mitigation strategies
• conducting organizational change readiness assessments, evaluate results and prepare reports
• being an active and visible coach to those participating in the program
• creating and manage measurement systems to track the adoption, utilization and proficiency of changes
• assessing the effectiveness of the plan and adjust it to address issues as they arise
• identifying resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
• creating and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success
• preparing and research reports, briefings and presentations, and provide guidance and education on organizational change methodologies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, business administration, communications, human resources or another related discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, business analysis or technical certifications or training, or work experience
• five to seven years of recent relevant work experience in training and/or changing organizational culture.
• advanced knowledge of organizational change principles, approaches and methodologies
• experience working in an IT environment
• strong coaching skills and ability to coach at all levels of the organization
• proven ability to develop effective presentations and present information clearly and concisely
• experience with strategic planning
• experience working in conjunction with communication teams to provide effective communications through a variety of methods
• familiarity with project management approaches and tools as well as phases of the project lifecycle
• Change Management Professional (CMP) Certification
- Change Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.