Senior System Administrator
Our client is looking for an intermediate-senior system administrator, who can travel on site (Montreal or Saguenay, depending on the assigned site).
- Solid expertise in computer networks with mandatory Cisco CCNA CCNP certification.
- Advanced mastery of network technologies, protocols and associated equipment.
- Extensive experience in configuring, deploying and maintaining network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP) and switching protocols (e.g. VLANs, STP).
- Proven ability to effectively solve LAN and WAN problems.
- Proven skills in network security and implementation of industry-standard security policies.
- Expertise in wireless technologies and network virtualization solutions.
- Ability to work with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.) and cloud computing environments.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Configure, maintain and optimize network equipment in accordance with Cisco standards and other industry best practices.
- Proactively monitor network performance, diagnose and resolve problems to minimize downtime.
- Implement and manage network security strategies in line with industry standards.
- Work closely with teams to plan and execute network upgrades or deployments in accordance with standards.
- Ensure documentation and updating of network configurations in line with best practice.
- Provide technical support to end-users for network-related issues.
- Conduct regular technology watch to recommend network improvements or innovations in line with Cisco standards.
Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position due to the nature of the function, which requires interaction with national and international customers.
Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.