At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve. At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Experience: 5 - 8 Years
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: Bangalore/Hyderabad
Position ID: J0224-0588
Employment Type: Full Time
Works independently under limited supervision and applies knowledge of subject matter in Applications Development. Possess sufficient knowledge and skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within field of specialization to develop simple applications solutions. Second level professional with direct impact on results and outcome.
Qualification: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or higher with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Development experience in data technologies.
• Experienced with data wrangling and preparation for use within data science, business intelligence or similar analytical functions required.
• Experience in data technologies - Hadoop PySpark / Scala (Any one)
• Experience in Database - [ RDBMS(Oracle/Teradata) / Hive - Impala / Mongo] at least two.
• Experience in Analytics and reporting (Tableau). (Good to have).
• Coordinate with Team for project deliverables , Lead and document project status meetings
• Highly organized with good time management skills and Customer service orientation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Experience: 5-8 Years
Main location: Hyderabad and Bangalore
• 5+ years of professional experience in: software development and/or data engineering; and in working with relational databases including Oracle, Teradata, MySQL.
• 5+ years+ of experience in working with Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka
• Programming experience in Python, shell scripting
• Experience with modern workflow/orchestration tools (e.g. Apache Airflow, Oozie, etc.)
• Strong experience in reporting tools like Tableau, COGNOS etc.
• Strong analytical abilities.
• Agile experience is required with Version One or Jira tool expertise
• Provide hands-on technical solutions to business challenges & translates them into process/ technical solutions
• Good knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps principles
• Deliver high quality work and adapt to new challenges, as an individual or as part of a team
• Excellent communication and thought leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types and understand technical issues.
- Data Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.