At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve. At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Job Title: DataStage Developer
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Experience: 4- 7 Years
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: India, Karnataka, Bangalore/Hyderabad
Position ID: J0823-1592
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced DataStage Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about coding and developing scalable and high-performance applications. You will work closely with our front-end developers, designers, and other members of the team to deliver quality solutions that meet the needs of our clients.
Qualification: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or higher with minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Experience in Development using ETL tools – Datastage 11.5, 11.7
• Experience in writing complex SQL queries and debugging them
• Experience in production support is preferable
• Should transition developed jobs to production support team and do the hand holding until prod support becomes self-reliant
• Should be willing to work in both Development & Production support
• Should be well versed with Agile methodology
• Ready to work till 9 PM IST, when needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Must Have Skills :
• Interact with customer & support team at Onsite.
• Should be able to debug production issues and bug fixes.
• Should be able to interact with customer, work with their Bas, understand requirement and implement solution
• should be able to develop job, fine tune them using ETL tools
• Provide value add to the project by providing some innovative ideas to enhance the application and improve the process.
• Maintain and support the integrity of systems/services within the remit by fully investigating all issues and resolving them in a timely fashion, adhering to IT Service Management principles (ITIL).
• Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical Thinking
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.