Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Network Analyst for a large Federal cybersecurity program. Will work as part of a team delivering threat hunting and cybersecurity capabilities to Federal agencies as part of a comprehensive cyber security service. This role provides the opportunity to continuously learn new technologies, work with Federal clients, and work with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze complex data sets using various scripting languages, including Perl, Python, PowerShell and Unix Shell Scripting.
• Analyze routers and switches.
• Evaluate a wide range of communications protocols within the TCP/IP protocol suite.
• Perform advanced IP concepts, including VoIP, and IPv6. This includes the ability to capture and analyze packet contents in detail using Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).
• Work with the following networking technologies: VPNs, routers, switches, load balancers, IP protocols (DNS, ICMP, DHCP, etc.), ports and payloads.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience.
• Active TS clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI and agency suitability clearance.
• Solid analytical and reporting skills.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• A basic understanding of scripting languages such as Python.
• Knowledge of relevant networking tool sets such as packet capturing and network analysis.
• Familiarity with cybersecurity technologies such as NAC, firewalls, IDS/IPS and DLP.
• Familiarity with various computer network defense concepts, including threat hunting
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once.
• Familiarity with Federal Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) policies and configurations.
• Industry-recognized network engineering certificates such as MSCE, CompTIA Network+, VMWare Certified Professional, PCNSE and CCNP.
• Cybersecurity certification such as Security+, CISSP, ISSMP and CISM are preferred but not required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.