***Open to remote work anywhere in Atlantic Canada***
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for a Hadoop Developer to join our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Information Management, the successful candidate will:
• Work on a variety of projects and enhancements on a Hadoop platform.
• Work with business stakeholders, Solution Designers, senior team members and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements.
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years of IT experience with demonstrable development experience with Big Data tools and technologies.
• Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Python, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Talend and/or MapReduce.
• Advanced programming experience in Bash and Python scripting.
• Solid hands-on development experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, .Net, Linux, Perl, PHP, Chef, Puppet...).
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience is an asset.
• Working within a Cloud based environment, specifically Azure, is an asset.
• Ability to lead teams and small projects is an asset.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
- Big Data
- Hadoop Hive
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.