Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Director of IT Business Development (Public Sector) for our CGI Denver, CO Area!
You will have responsibility to develop, implement and maintain a strategic account sales plan designed to grow revenue within existing and new accounts in your target sectors. The Director of Consulting Services is responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of the sales and delivery process for a designated portfolio of Colorado state and local accounts within the Denver metro marketplace.
We are looking for a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with consulting experience in the greater Denver area.
You should have a history of working across a broad spectrum of industries and companies in the region, and/or have specific and deep knowledge in the State & Local Government space.
You will be an integrated part of the CGI Denver Leadership Team working to grow our state and local business in the region.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This career opportunity provides significant personal and career growth opportunities in the areas of client, sales, and business unit management. In addition, the opportunity allows you to contribute to building a diverse and highly skilled consulting team leading to accountability and management of the team.
This role provides the opportunity to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing clients while developing business with new clients. Also, to ensure a high quality of services delivered to assigned clients you will participate in the delivery of client engagements, providing leadership to achieve targeted revenue and profitability.
The DCS responsibilities include:
• Overall accountability of service delivery to our clients through your account team
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities for new and existing accounts within the portfolio
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings
• Lead a team of professionals – both direct reports and via global delivery
• Ensure success of engagements using global delivery and vendor partners
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management teams
• Apply delivery and customer management best practices
• Apply management best practices such as finance management, member performance reviews, and succession planning
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning
• Manage profitability of engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of minimum IT and Consulting Services experience
• Minimum of 5 years in a management, business development role for public sector clients
• Strong ties to the Colorado State and Local Government Community with the ability to interact with key decision makers in both the Commercial and Government Sectors
• Business development including strategic sales planning
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models
• Strategy and business management
• Delivery experience
• Client engagement management and relationship building
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels
• Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional virtual teams
• Business development experience, including strategic sales planning
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $122K-$190K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Development / Sales
- Business Strategy
- Client Relationship
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.