Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers – Be Part of Our Story
Over the coming 12 months CGI are actively looking to grow our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit due to increased client demands across the area. This means we are currently looking for Java Software Engineers at various levels (junior-mid-level, senior & Consultant) with strong hands on Java experience to join the team on a range of different projects.
Individuals can be based out of our London, Surrey, Reading, Bristol, Milton Keynes, Manchester, Corsham, Gloucester or Chippenham offices and can expect a mix of on site / hybrid working depending on the nature of the project (due to the nature of the work some projects will require you in office full-time & may require some occasional travel to client sites or different CGI offices)
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Writing well designed and efficient code
• Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Working closely with the project team including testing / design authority / project management, to ensure all work is completed to the required standard
• Help with the delivery of ambitious and novel solutions – being able to think outside of the box to overcome technical challenges is essential!
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience of developing using Java (ideally 8 or 11)
• Designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Experience of working in an Agile project delivery environment, using SCRUM.
• Working with the Spring framework
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Experience of containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• Experience of working on cloud native technologies (AWS, GCP or Azure).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.