CGI Global Technology Operations Canada offers and delivers security and infrastructure services to leading clients.
As a Security Analyst, you will work multiple security technologies including antivirus protection, data loss prevention, full disk encryption and server hardening/security. You will contribute to further development of our clients’ security posture and compliance. We are looking for a team player, good time-management and organizational skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
You will be a member of Managed Endpoint Protection Services team (part of GTO Canada business unit) performing incident response, operational support and project deployment in various environments of one of our major clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Perform console management for centrally managed solutions of endpoints security (e.g. antivirus, data loss prevention, full disk encryption, endpoint hardening and security),
Monitor and control the performance and status of security safeguards,
Routine testing, analysis and maintenance of security safeguards according to documented procedures,
Provide containment recommendations for security incidents.
Diagnose and resolve security incidents following agreed upon procedures,
Maintain operational documentation,
Maintain the run books for systems as you make changes to infrastructure
Update standard operating procedures to reflect updates in our best practices as part of our commitment to continual service improvement
Over time you will:
• Implement new solutions under projects in collaboration with senior members,
• Change running systems following change management procedures,
• Control, monitor, and verify the compliance of the security controls put in place by the operations team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
College degree in Computer and/or Network and/or Security administration
• Willingness to learn,
• Team player, good time-management and organizational skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• General knowledge of the Windows operating system (Windows 7+ / Server 2008+),
• General knowledge of networking (OSI model, practical troubleshooting),
• Ability to deal with high priority incidents and critical situations (e.g., spam waves, virus outbreaks),
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level II (Secret).
• Knowledge of antimalware solutions technologies,
• Knowledge of Windows based devices (desktop and/or server)
• Demonstrated Customer Service skills including presenting and/or discussing technical details with clients.
• Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation in fluent English and French.
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with peers and management.
• Ability to speak and write in English and French.
• Any experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Symantec Endpoint and DataCentre products suite
o Mcafee Endpoint and Network security suites,
o Forcepoint Websense
• Certifications related to systems, networking, and/or security such as:
o CompTIA (Security+, Network+)
o ISC2 (SSCP)
o GIAC (GSEC)
Knowledge in Advanced Threat protection technologies (ex. EDR)
Knowledge of Unix-based OS operations and support
Scripting skills for automation of remediation activities
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.