CGI Federal’s Emerging Technology Practice is seeking a highly-motivated Application Security Engineer with testing experience to join our Cyber Security team. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of security specialists, engineers, project managers and delivery professionals responsible for supporting various Defense and Civilian contracts. You will be exposed to a variety of technologies from legacy to modern applications, with opportunities for continuous learning.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct application security testing techniques, using manual testing and automated tools.
• Create exploit proofs of concept
• Assess new and existing applications and system deployments for vulnerabilities and design flaws, and prioritize remediation efforts based on risk
• Analyze and Respond to vulnerability inquiries and vulnerability reports
• Research and implement new threats and attack vectors that impact web applications and infrastructure
• Collaborate with team members, adhere to established processes and procedures, and meet outlined goals, and deliver high quality work at all the times!
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Knowledge of secure development principles in at least one environment (i.e. Java or .NET)
• Strong knowledge of security-related best programming practices for J2EE and .NET
• Experience designing and executing web application security evaluations, solo and as part of a team
• Knowledge of the SDLC and experience working with development teams (waterfall, Agile, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with one or more tools like BurpSuite, Kali, OWASP ZAP, Fuzzers, MetaSploit, HP Fortify, Checkmarx. Appscan, AppDetective, Netsparker, Nessus is desired
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment-able to multitask and switch between priorities
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies, security trends and help build new capabilities and services
• Ability to document and explain risks and vulnerabilities to technical and non-technical members
• Knowledge of Microservices and Container Technology such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc. Understand how to implement best security aspects to the above mentioned technologies.
• Certification in any of the following is highly desirable: CISSP, CEH, Security +, OSCP
- Security Assessment
- Vulnerability Assessment(IAVA)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.