CGI Federal’s Housing Compliance team, which partners with a local public housing authority and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing, has an opening for a Local Contract Specialist (LCS). This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing owners and management companies within an assigned portfolio of properties.
No affordable housing experience is necessary. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role and CGI provides on-going professional development opportunities, both for the affordable housing industry and general business skills. We’re looking for people who are quick learners, whip smart, reliable, have high levels of integrity and are fun to be around. People who are able to successfully manage multiple tasks, all in various stages of completion and with varying due dates. They are team players and value delivering excellent service to our customers.
This is an opportunity to help ensure that eligible families-in-need are receiving safe, decent and sanitary housing, while also seeing to it that tax dollars are being spent properly. Acting in the role of an on-site auditor, the LCS will visit subsidized multi-family properties to assess their compliance with their Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract; are eligible families receiving the correct amount of subsidy? Are the required rules and regulations in place and being implemented?
The LCS works closely with property owners, in partnership, to ensure compliance pursuant to HUD policy. Based on their on-site visits, the LCS writes reports outlining any non-compliance and the corrective actions that must be taken by the property. The LCS continues to monitor the implementation of the corrective action to completion and works with the property to help ensure future compliance. While the properties are located all over Northern California, this position is based out of the Oakland office and every effort will be made to limit the majority of the assigned portfolio to properties in Alameda, San Francisco, Marin, Solano, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Sacramento counties. However, some overnight travel may be required as business needs dictate.
At CGI, we value work life balance; that means, as an LCS, you will work 40 hours per week and overtime is rare. We offer the opportunity to join the local CGI social club, where the company provides matching funds so that members can plan social events together outside of work. In addition to a competitive salary, CGI offers health and dental benefits, a share purchase plan, and 401k with matching. Our members’ safety is also a top priority. CGI has adapted to the pandemic, and while we must still carry out our mission, we ensure our members have the protocols, PPE, and flexibility they need to stay safe.
CGI values diversity, equity and inclusion. We have several member resource groups (MRGs) from various communities such as the Women’s Forum, Pride@CGI and the Black Members Alliance; with more groups forming all the time. All our MRGs seek to further a safe and inclusive environment at CGI through leadership engagement and education; so everyone can be their authentic selves and meet their full potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Contract Specialist is responsible for managing a portfolio of assisted housing contracts to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all required tasks, which includes the following:
1. Ensure 100% of onsite reviews are properly scheduled and performed in compliance with contractual and client requirements. This includes travel to and from the various multi-family properties.
2. Effectively compile and writes Management and Occupancy Review (MOR) reports detailing specific findings, criteria and corrective actions in the monitoring of project compliance in the following areas :
a) Marketing and Tenant Selection
b) Leasing and Occupancy
c) Rent Determination and Subsidy Request
d) Management of Maintenance Program
e) Response to Safety Concerns
f) Management of Tenant Relations
g) Review of Fair Housing/EEOC policies and procedures
3. Timely and accurate follow-up to ensure adequate responses to close the MOR report.
4. Establish and maintain good relations with HUD, owners, residents and their representatives, neighborhood groups and local governments.
5. Respond fully and promptly to inquiries and dispatches from Owners/Agents, HUD, Contract Specialists, Quality Assurance personnel, Finance and Reporting personnel and Customer Contact personnel.
6. Maintain complete and detailed files and provide the Team Leader and/or Manager with data and records requested in a timely manner.
7. Successfully complete all required training programs within prescribed period.
8. Participate in ensuring a fully functional contract administration case management system is updated properly and timely to meet 100% of the required deadlines and avoid contractual penalties.
9. Other duties as assigned based on business needs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to learn new concepts quickly. Must be proficient using MS Teams, WebEx, Zoom or other similar team/video/collaboration apps. Must be comfortable working with numbers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Proven ability to accurately and timely complete tasks within the established timelines and quality standards. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Proven ability to understand, interpret and apply written policies and procedures.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Learn from past experiences and apply to future circumstances.
• Ability to multi-task, be self-motivated and proactive.
• 3-5 years of experience performing tasks in a regulatory environment.
• 3-5 years of experience working in subsidized/affordable housing industry
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 2
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Customer Service & Support
- Microsoft Office
- Time Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.