• The Cloud Architect is responsible for building and leading the solution framework for cloud computing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud.
• As a Cloud Architect, the individual will manage the customer's future transition from on premise environments into hybrid-cloud architectures. The role requires the ability to provide new services effectively and optimize existing environments. In addition, the Architect will play a strategic role in proposing new cloud solutions for existing and future clients
• Your future duties and responsibilities
• Co-draft our ground-breaking Cloud Reference Architecture for the benefit of CGI’s Telecom technology teams.
• Provide expertise and leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in our latest generation private cloud , Oracle CLOUD, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
• Assist in the business case and design of Enterprise cloud solutions for both internal and external clients.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels, including DevOps Engineering teams, and become a trusted advisor to global decision makers.
• Represent CGI and provide thought leadership when meeting with our customers; provide customer and market feedback to the product and engineering teams to influence product direction.
• You are a futurist and leader. Other Architects come to you for advice and direction. You know what needs to be done, how to get it done and you have the drive to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our customers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A degree in Computer Science or 10 years of equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of experience in solution architecture roles using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
• A minimum of two years working in Solution Architecture that has a significant cloud component – on prem or Public Cloud.
• Working knowledge of developing Cloud Native Applications, Agile, DevOps and drive automation
• Expertise in at least one Technology Domain and working knowledge of other domains and technology including API, Events, Security, Integration, Infrastructure, Data and AI/ML
• Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as Google’s Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Amazon’s Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) or RedHat OpenShift
• Full-stack architecture design experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises with focus on application layer design and infrastructure services.
• Certifications in Cloud Architecture (Oracle Cloud, K8S, OpenShift, Azure, Google Cloud or AWS) is an asset.
• Experience in software design and development in one or more languages such as Python, Java, C# or similar.
• Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
• Understanding and experience with open source server software.
• Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, etc.), as well as with the cloud market and competitive dynamics.
• Knowledge of current infrastructure automation & continuous integration/deployment.
• Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
- Cloud architect
- Cloud Computing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.