If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help. CGI are looking for an experienced Software Developer with experience of working within the financial services sector to join our Banking and Financial Markets Team
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are certified as a Great Place to Work. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A global Investment banking client of CGI are in the process of retiring a portfolio of 145 applications between now & the end of Q1 2022. This role will form part of a Retirement Factory team who will execute a set of tasks:
• partner with current application SMEs to extract the data defined as records
• ensure all the records stored in the applications have been archived appropriately and that new records formed while the application is still in use are sent to the archives daily/weekly as appropriate
• retain any assets required on an ongoing basis
• complete pre-retirement documentation & ensure the completeness of all pre-retirement information
• once no longer in use, stop the application processes
• once approved, complete the steps that will delink the application from its hardware in our configuration management systems
• retire the application in the NAR system
• Executing the steps defined in the pre-retirement process
• Extracting records from applications databases/files to capture all historical records required; supplying the relevant metadata
• Sending these records to the strategic archive of choice with relevant metadata
• Scripting regular extraction and archival of records
• Completing the required documentation to the required standard
• Placing assets into the retention service as required
• Shutting down applications once all usage has ended
• Delinking hardware from retiring applications (logical removal)
• Retiring applications in the application repository
• Optimising the steps where possible
• Knowledge sharing with the other members of the retirement factory
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The ideal candidate will have extensive development experience ideally with Java and Perl/Python. You will have hands-on experience with Unix/Linux command line and experience of extracting & transferring large datasets. You will have strong database experience (Oracle/Sybase would be a plus)
Ideally you will have experience of working within a global investment bank and have strong equities domain knowledge, but this is not essential. You must be able to work independently and have excellent attention to detail. You must be capable of getting things done in large organisations – good understanding of where to use processes and how to leverage network and have experience of working with virtual and global teams.
Familiarity with Avro and Kafka would be nice to have as would a good understanding of working in an agile environment.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.