Integration Technical Architect
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a CGI team located in Montreal. Reporting to the Director, Consulting Services, and successful candidate will act as the integration technical lead in domain migrating from VM to container base infrastructure. Involved in every cycle of project delivery, The Technical Advisor is the design authority in term of application architecture, security & network requirements, specification and design review and implementation. Candidates are expected to have a developer background with a hand’s on can do attitude to lead and coach the team composed of DBA, Sysadmin, Developers and DevOps engineer.
• Participate in the backlog refinement sessions and early architecture design sessions of a new feature.
• Participate in the elaboration of the user stories and establishment of the non-functional requirements.
• Manage the configuration and use of environments (development, testing)
• Provide advice to different projects regarding the non-functional aspects of the solution
• Conduct performance and load tests, analysis results and supply recommendations
• Perform a capacity analysis
• Participate in the analysis, design and implementation of software solutions if necessary
• Ensure adequate documentation, code review and unit testing of new application codes as well as those already in place;
• Help create, maintain and improve CI/CD pipeline
• Assist clients and business analysts to resolve implementation and production issues
• Solve and identify potential problems in code and environments
• Troubleshoot, assign, support programmers in the investigation, and communicate results to clients
• Manage team meetings and facilitate problem solving
• Coordinate the implementation of applications and changes in different environments (development, testing and production)
• Act as an interface between the technical project team and the project managers
• Knowledge of network and hardware infrastructure supporting software solutions (CPU, RAM, storage, routing, firewalls)
• Knowledge of advanced access security concepts, elasticity, PaaS, Cloud, DevOps
• Experience as a developer or software analyst in the software development field;
• University degree in computer science or a field related to information systems or equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Ability to work independently but still promote teamwork;
• Ability to clearly communicate complex problems;
• A job well done and meeting deadlines;
• Sense of responsibility, motivation and perseverance;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills;
• Good communication skills with clients and team members;
• Excellent communication skills in English. Knowing French also is a plus
• Mastering the concepts of configuration management
• Understanding of quality assurance processes
MANADATORY TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Clustering and container technologies (ex: Openshift), high-availability & DRP (planning and execution).
• Knowledge in microservices development using the Spring stack.
• Experience with a large distributed transactional system;
• Advanced knowledge of Java and J2EE;
• Advanced knowledge of XML / XQuery / XPATH;
• Experience with Eclipse;
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and PLS SQL with Oracle;
• Knowledge of REDIS NoSQL engine;JD
• Good understanding of object-oriented programming;
• Understanding of J2EE concepts;
• Experience WebLogic Application Server 12c;
• Knowledge of Kafka distributed streaming platform.
• Web Services systems interconnectivity and performance.
OPTIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Experience with Oracle OSM / UIM;
• Experience with Telecom domain experience.
• Experience with Agile methodology.
Build your career with us.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.