Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company! Join a team that supports the local community with the ability to draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI Calgary is seeking an experience Senior Technical Analyst to join our team. You will be reporting to the Director of Consulting Services, working collaboratively with a global delivery team, providing technical coaching and direction to a team of geographically dispersed software developers responsible for leading a large portfolio of custom developed applications including so that are crucial to the success of the client. You will also help to lead the work priorities and performance of all team members creating a cohesive team environment. This will include oversight of all stages of the SDLC which will enable you to continue to improve your development expertise and develop team lead skills.
This is a great opportunity for a senior developer or team lead wanting to progress their career. It will challenge to develop and enhance your technical skills and to further develop your analysis, leadership and communication skills. This position will allow you to gain experience with nearshore and offshore delivery models, as well as growing experience in systems development and quality assurance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with clients to better understand, generate and refine provided business requirements
• Provide Architectural Mentorship and Recommendations for software solutions
• Be responsible to review requirements and build High Level Design Documentation along with Functional Specifications
• Perform code reviews
• Expertly identify and communicate recommendations to clients
• Ability to work within and give to a globally dispersed team environment
• Take control of a piece of work and see it through to successful completion even after delegation of the tasks
• Develop a trust relationship with the client and act as a single point of contact for work you're leading
• Manage expectations in terms of scope, schedule, budget, quality, and responsibilities and to participate and add value to all aspects of process lifecycle, including: scoping and estimation, requirements and analysis, development and testing, implementation
• Perform duties of a Project Manager or Scrum Master as required
• When required complete smaller development initiatives
• Recognize opportunities to improve operational aspects of an application or environment, including security, scheduling, load balancing, and resource optimization
• Articulate and promote CGI’s services to client and to take ownership of a process and improve it
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Senior Development Experience with a multitude of development languages and platforms
• Strong SQL skills
• Good understanding of ETL and Data Warehousing concepts and optimally write technical, informational or process documentation
• Good problem solving skills. Comfortable investigating data, documents, and code in order to derive solutions
• Proven ability to balance a workload which may involve new activities and changing priorities
Nice to Have Skills:
• Agile Methodologies and Delivery, .NET / .NET Core, Java, Informatica, IICS, Azure, Azure Data Factory, Mobile Development, Angular, ReactJS, VU, RPA, Python, R, Data Analytics, Solution Architecture, Power Apps/ Power Suite and QA Automation
- Data Warehousing
- Agile Delivery Management
- Azure Data Factory
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.