Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Seeking senior candidates for Quality Engineering (QE) Leader roles within CGI’s rapidly growing Software QE Practice. This role includes the delivery of consulting and strategy services to clients that are looking to establish better software engineering and quality engineering practices. It requires leading teams of QE/testing personnel performing both manual and automated testing, working directly with senior clients, while providing thought leadership to define and implement testing and test automation strategies. Additionally, qualified candidates will contribute by developing assets for the practice, participating in business development activities, and by leading CGI members as a part of their core responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will have 15+ years in the Software QE (or related) field, with 4+ years serving as a QE Director or Manager. Experience should extend across both manual and automated testing, as well as QE delivery in Agile delivery models.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build strong relationships and taking on a QE advisory role with Director and VP level clients
• Taking a stab at current test suites, test data, test environment, QE processes, identify gaps and not only propose newer, more efficient, industry standard alternatives but also delivering it
• Review current test automation solutions across different applications including web, responsive pages, mobile, legacy systems, determine gaps and help on course correction
• Transform current testing practices and processes to a more automated / DevOps focussed one enabling Agile delivery
• Coaches, guides, and mentors existing Technical Team as well as Leaders on Quality Engineering practices to ensure success and ongoing skill development
• Delivery oversight across a broad portfolio of projects and clients
• Recognized expert and thought leader on QE
• Establish technical baselines for more consistent delivery throughout CGI
• Provide insight, innovation, and QE to the solution development process
• Create new processes, identify new QE offerings, and expand the CGI brand
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience leading test strategy in complex business domains, across a variety of technology platforms
• Strong understanding of test activities including test planning, test case design, and test execution
• Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
• Delivery leadership in a range of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, LESS, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical topics to executive level stakeholders, build visual communication artifacts, and lead group presentations
• Informed opinions on common quality tools, vendors, and frameworks (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM, SauceLabs, Selenium, VSTS, Jira, Appium, Protractor, etc.)
• Breadth of experience in various QE-related roles from Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) through QE Management, including automation framework developer, performance engineer, defect manager, release manager, and data or environment manager
• Hands on technical experience on Cloud, Responsive pages testing, test automation of both responsive and mobile applications including best practices is a must
• Technical experience across areas such as security testing, DevOps, and custom tool development
• Consulting experience working with senior level clients (directors, C-level)
• Clear emphasis and career focus on QE
• QE/testing, project management, and Scrum master certifications
- Agile Delivery Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.